SCREEN-L Archives

February 1999, Week 1

Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 16:23:51 -0500
> Georgi's ethnicity or cultural background was never, in any episode that I
> recall, even referred to (at least Uhura's was, however briefly).
Geordi was born in the United States of Africa, but I don't believe this
was ever stated in the series, but on trading cards and other materials
related to the production.  We do see both of his parents, however, both
Starfleet members, though his mother crashed into a sun.  I believe that
episode hinted at where they came from, but I'm not certain.

Scott

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite