SCREEN-L Archives

January 1999, Week 4

Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 14:07:01 -0500

> - The Star Trek crew is multicultural, bigendered and even
> interspecies.  Is there a member with a physical disability too - I
There was supposed to be one in DS9, but she only appeared in one episode,
I think, or at least she wasn't a regular.
> haven't really been watching for some years.  Is the guy wearing a
> funny thing round his eyes supposed to be blind?  Was there any
Yes.  He got implants in the latest film.
> significance in gettng a British actor to be leader of the new
> Enterprise crew (all the rest are Americans, aren't they)?  What
I don't know.  Picard (Stewart) was born in France, and his family ran a
vineyard.
> happens with babies - do any of the Trekkies ever get pregnant and if
> so, what do they do about it?  And could anyone give me the correct
They raise their kids on the ship, like Wesley Crusher or Molly O'Brien.
> wording of the mission statement - 'to boldly go where no man/one ? has
> been before'.  Thanks......
Old:man
New:one

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite