SCREEN-L Archives

December 1998, Week 2

From:
paul wiener <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 15:26:07 -0500
I haven't followed this thread, but can imagine what it's about.

"Tampopo" is one of those films that changed my life. The noodle eateries
were made so vivid in it that I immediately had to find some in NYC, never
having et at them before, and quickly found Sapporo, on W. 49th St., just
east of 7th Ave.  Many Asians eat there, and their noodle soups and dishes
are fabulous and curative. I never visit the city without eating there. No
other food film has affected me like that.

Paul B. Wiener
Special Services Librarian
SUNY at Stony Brook

University of Alabama.