SCREEN-L Archives

November 1998, Week 4

Sender:
From:
Aylish Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 13:10:06 +0000
Seems like The Nigthmare Before Christmas might be something
you could use.

There's also the mutant toys in Toystory, but I can't remember if
that is birthday or christmas present time.

On Tue, 17 Nov 1998 00:25:22 -0800 kelly abbott
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>On a lighter note...
>I've been writing a column on films for a comedic magazine.
Soon we'll be
>producing a December marathon that includes a new article ever
day of
>December.  An advent calendar, actually.  Anyway, I plan on
making my
>regular Christmas reviews but also had an idea to write about
Santa Claus in
>film throughout the years.
>What I'm asking screen-l, h-film all my friends and readers to
help me with,
>is to compile a record of all the weirdest Santa Clause imagery
they can
>remember form films past.  Myself, I can only think of a few.  The
"Dream
>Santas" in The City of the Lost Children, the "Rude Santa" in A
Christmas
>Story.  But I'm drawing blanks after that.  I seem to remember, a
Terrorist
>Santa from Christmas past, and didn't Chevy Chase do Santa
once.  Was it SNL
>or the Vacation movie?   Oh, and Gremlins featured Gremlin
Santas.  That's a
>prime example.  See where I'm going?
>If you could forward your suggestions, so that I can fortify my
article, I'd
>be grateful indeed.  Also, feel free to write me personally about
any
>memorable Chistmas film experiences.  My editor mentioned that
he kept his
>ticket stub from the Muppet Christmas Story from way back.
When he looked