SCREEN-L Archives

October 1998, Week 5

Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 02:40:13 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>,
  Lang Thompson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Since D'Amato has a strong cult following (don't ask me why) all of his
> films are easily available from gray area video labels and on the tape
> trading circuits.  Midnight Video ([log in to unmask]) has an uncut copy
> (incl hardcore footage) with no subtitles; I've never ordered from them but
> they have a good reputation.  Trash Palace
> (http://www.erols.com/trashpal/html/the_rest.htm) advertises a similar no
> subtitles version; possibly the same.  I've dealt with Trash Palace once
> and they did a good job.  It's also available from Video Search of Miami
> (http://www.vsom.com), which probably has the largest collection of D'Amato
> (and nunsploitation) films & their's may have subtitles.  LT
>
> At 11:09 AM 10/23/98 +0200, you wrote:
> >I would like to know if any of you you have any idea of where can I find the
> >following movie:
> >
> >"Immagini di un convento", (Also known as "Les Amours interdites d' une
> >religieuse" or "Dreams in the Convent") by Joe D'Amato, made in 1979.
> >
> >I would like a VHS copy.

> University of Alabama.

Luminous is good.  I've got the most recent Luminous catalog but I don't
see the title.  It sounds like the kind of thing he might have though.
I heard Video Search of Miami used to charge $110 to search each title.  They
told me last week that they don't do video search at all anymore.  Don't know
what eurotrash they can deliver, but I had very good luck with Superstar: The
Karen Carpenter Story thru Moviehunter (http://bellinis.net/moviehunter.htm).
Also own, thanks to them, rare Barbara Steele Vids, Wallace Beery, some
unreleased silent Saturday Matinee serials and Don "Red" Barry westerns that
have never seen light of day on video.

Can anybody tell me where I can find a truly good reference book on TV movies
& TV miniseries?  Why doesn't Leonard Maltin split his book up into TWO books
since it's getting too big anyway and he has to drop titles every year?  I
propose one LEONARD MALTIN'S MOVIE GUIDE (a more thorough & complete listing
of all feature films going back through silent flicks) and a second LEONARD
MALTIN'S T.V.MOVIE & MINISERIES GUIDE (t.v. flicks and all those scads of
miniseries you can never find any dates, synopsis or other data on).

Ya listenin', Lenny???

Sincerely, sincerely,
OLD MAN KANAH