SCREEN-L Archives

September 1998, Week 4

From:
Scott Hutchins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Sep 1998 13:30:34 -0500
An excellent anti-war film is _La Legionne de dannati_/_Battle of the
Commandos_ by Umberto Lenzi and starring Jack Palance and Curd Jurgens.
Dario Argento co-wrote the screenplay.

While on the subject of Lenzi, can anyone see the parallels between
_Cannibal Ferox_ and _The Cook The Thief His Wife & Her Lover_ pointed out
by Phil Hardy? I've only seen the latter, and considering what Video
Watchdog said (and showed) about _Cannibal Ferox_, I don't think I want
to, een though it sounds interesting enough in structure.

Scott

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/screensite