SCREEN-L Archives

September 1998, Week 3

From:
Martin F Norden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Martin F Norden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 15:56:19 -0400
On Tue, 10 Jan 1995, Ingo M. von Sundahl wrote:

> I am currently doing research on the Cultural Dynamics of Barcelona. One of
> the sectors of cultural production to be studied is the audiovisual,
> encompassing film, cinema, video and TV. Does anybody know of any
> literature covering this field, any study done elsewhere or anyone
> specialized in this ?
>
> Ingo Michael von Sundahl
> Department of Sociological Theory
> University of Barcelona.

I'm not sure if this is the kind of thing you're looking for, but an
organization based in Madrid called Fundacion ONCE (Organizacion Nacional
de Ciegos Espanoles) published a translation of my book, _The Cinema of
Isolation: A History of Physical Disability in the Movies_, this past
June.  The translation is titled _El cine del aislamiento: El
discapacitado en la historia del cine_ and includes dustjacket notes by
Pedro Almodovar (!) and an introductory essay by Juan Cobos, a Spanish
film critic who collaborated with Orson Welles on several films during the
1960s.  If you would like more information about it, please visit the
following website:  http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~norden/cda.html

best wishes,
Marty Norden
          Martin F. Norden
  OO      Dept. of Communication, Box 34815      [log in to unmask]
  [_]<|   University of Massachusetts-Amherst    fax: 413 545-6399
  /|\     Amherst, MA  01003-4815      USA       vox: 413 545-0598, 545-1311
                home page: http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~norden