SCREEN-L Archives

September 1998, Week 3

From:
Jim Marsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 14:41:49 -0400
I suppose that a thoroughgoing pacifist could fault SPR for being
"pro-war" because it does not promote turning the other cheek. But unless
one is prepared to claim that even in the face of Nazi aggression there
should have been no military response, it is hard to imagine any
convincing grounds for calling "pro-war" a film that so devastatingly
portrays the horror of battle.

Jim Marsden/Bryant College

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/screensite