SCREEN-L Archives

August 1998, Week 2

From:
"Julia C. Rice" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 8 Aug 1998 10:11:37 +0100
I've listed below some films that might be worth taking a look at, I
think that all of these films featured a court martial ..... there are
others in which a court matial was intrinsic to the narrative although
the actual threat was never carried out and so a court scene was not
included in the film .... if you want to know about these let me know
and I'll see what I can do.....

Court Martial of Carrington VC (1955)
Dir. Anthony Asquith / starred David Niven

Court Martial of Billy Mitchel (1955)
Dir. Otto Preminger / starred Gary Cooper.

Causalties of War (1989)
Dir. Brian de Palma / starred Michael J Fox

A Few Good Men (1992)
Rob Reiner / starred Jack Nicholson and Tom Cruise.

A farewell to Arms (1957)

King and Country (1964)
starred Dirk Bogarde

The Life of Emile Zola (1937)
Dir. Dieterle.

Paths of Glory (1957)
Dir. Kubrick / starred Kirk Douglas

Sergeant Routledge (1960)
Dir. John Ford.

Sergeant Ryker (1968)
Dir. Buzz Kulik / starred Lee Marvin.

Waltz of the Toreadors (1962)
Dir. John Guillerman / starred Peter Sellers

There was also a 1928 film called *Court Martial* alas I am not sure
whether or not this film is available anymore .......

good luck with your research and I hope this helped,

Julia C. Rice
U.W.C.N.
UK.

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/screensite