SCREEN-L Archives

August 1998, Week 2

From:
Scott Hutchins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 15:53:30 -0500
I was wondering if anyone could give me the titles of some really inept
documentaries I saw in middle school health classes that were so inept
they were funny.  One was on the Heimlich maneuver, and it would cut away
from the choking person to some people who would deliver this "Look, he's
turned blue!" line, after which it would cut back to the person in
day-glow makeup like a smurf!

The other was on wounds, and it had this woman in a business suit talking
to the audience in a pale blue room.  The first story had a guy singing
and chopping pepperoni.  When he tossed it in the air to cut it, he sliced
not his hand but his inner elbow!  My class laughed so hysterically we
were not allowed to see the second part, which a friend informed me had
two guys hunting.  One thought he shot a rabbit, but then heard his friend
scream, so he threw his gun as far away as he could.  When he loads his
companion onto the truck, he throws his companion's gun as far away as he
can.  The other class was in hysterics as well, but not so bad that it had
to be turned off.

I'd love to see these again, and I'm sure I could find them through
interlibrary loan if I knew the titles.

Scott

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/screensite