SCREEN-L Archives

August 1998, Week 2

From:
Cynthia Erb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Aug 1998 11:19:42 -0400
I saw this bulletin posted in our dept. and thought it might be of
interest. Please note that I am not the contact for this proposed society:

THE DEREK JARMAN SOCIETY

The formation of this society is to promote discussion and scholarship of
the films and art of one of Britain's premier independent filmmakers, Derek
Jarman. Within the last three or so years scholars of British literature
and film have begun to write and talk about his contributions to British
independent cinema. It is the hope that in organizing a society such as
this that scholars of English literature, film, and cultural studies will
devote greater critical attention to the study of Jarman's films, writings,
and art and meet on an annual basis to read and discuss their own research.
Anyone interested in participating in the organization of such a society,
please contact

Dr. W. Reginald Rampone, Jr.
157 Highland Street
Worcester, MASSACHUSETTS 01609