SCREEN-L Archives

July 1998, Week 4

From:
Peter Sarram <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 02:06:21 -0600
I just returned from a film festival in Rome where I was a member of the
jury and the film that won (unanimously voted by everyone) was a 16 min.
film by Tatiana Merenuk and Hernan Belon called "Aluap". It deals exactly
with what you are looking for. It is not an "experimental" film even though
it is definitely not a conventional "narrative" film. It definitely falls
into the "notable" category. E-mail me if you would like to contact the
production company in Buenos Aires.

As far as a searcheable film archive I guess the best one would be the Film
International Index (the BFI has something to do with it in some form or
another); it has an incredible amount of films and they all (or most) come
with journal, magazine and newspaper references. Any good university
library should have it networked on their reference computers.

Good luck.

Peter

mailto:[log in to unmask]
Peter Sarram