SCREEN-L Archives

July 1998, Week 4

From:
Erika Mijlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 10:51:04 +0000
Hello -

I am doing some research for a project on the thousands of people who
fled Argentina in the 1970s in the face of severe political repression
by the military.

At this stage, I would like to compile a list of any and all films on
the subject of these years in Argentina, and on the 11,000 diappeared
persons, and any films treating the subject of self-imposed exile.

I am primarily interested in non-fiction and experimental films, but
would also look at notable narrative work, as well.

Also, could anyone reccommend their preferred research tool - internet
or otherwise - for comprehensive/searchable film archives - for
instance, I am wondering what would be the equivalent of Books In Print
for films, if there is such a thing.

Thanks for any suggestions.