PM-DOS@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

PM-DOS Home

PM-DOS  July 1998, Week 3

PM-DOS July 1998, Week 3

Re: Can you share info?

"Chris A. Bracy" <[log in to unmask]>

Pegasus Mail for Dos Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>, Chris A. Bracy

Thu, 16 Jul 1998 09:47:34 EST5EDT

> Anyway, as a strict matter of information, would any of you fellow
> listmembers be willing to share with me your
> company/university/site computer/email policies?

Here is our policy.  Hope it helps.  It is a corporate policy and not
an educational policy, but parts may be useful.

Chris.

-----------------------
                         POLICY on USE OF
  COMPUTERS, EMAIL, ELECTRONIC/COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT & SERVICES

Accu-Sort Systems inc. provides its employees with computer hardware,
software, peripherals, and other electronic and communications
equipment and services (telephones, voice mail, etc).  The primary
intent of providing such resources is to support the corporate mission
by enabling employees to conduct business efficiently and effectively.
Access to these resources is a privilege which may be revoked if
company policy is violated.

Please read the guidelines listed below.  Employees should understand
the guidelines before using these Accu-Sort resources.  Signing the
account application signifies that you have read this policy and agree
to follow it.  Violations of the policy may result in the suspension
of your computer account or voice mail service.  Violators may be
subject to disciplinary action with penalties ranging from revoked
computer/telephone privileges to dismissal and may include criminal
prosecution, fines, and restitution if appropriate.

          - Current Accu-Sort employees & consultants may apply to use
these resources so long as they agree to and comply with these
guidelines.  Others are not permitted access without permission of the
MIS Manager or General Manager.

          - You may not use Accu-Sort's resources for nuisance,
obscene, or harassing messages/purposes.

          - You must not reveal any password or access code to anyone.
Accounts can not be transferred to or used by other individuals.
Sharing accounts is not permitted.

          - Although your password offers protection, you are
responsible for safeguarding your accounts and their contents.  For
example, you should log out when away from your computer for any
length of time.

          - Unauthorized attempts to gain access to any account on the
Accu-Sort computer network or to any voice mail box not belonging to
you, or to files to which you have not been assigned rights, is not
permitted.  Assisting others in gaining unauthorized access is not
permitted.

          - You may not search for, access, or copy passwords, access
codes, directories, programs, files, data, documents, or messages
(email/voice mail) which do not belong to you unless you have
permission.

          - You may not access, tamper with, or alter the computers,
facilities, equipment, software, files, documentation, or information
associated with these resources unless authorized to do so.

          - Accu-Sort reserves the right to hold you financially
responsible for costs incurred by the company as a result of any
violations of this policy, whether through negligence or deliberate
action, by you or someone using your account.

          - You may not remove equipment, documentation, or software
from its designated place without permission of the MIS Department or
General Manager.

          - You must have written permission from the MIS Department
or General Manager to remove or copy any computer resource owned or
licensed by Accu-Sort.  You may not store, use, or copy any software
or document unless you are licensed by the copyright holder to do so.

          - All data, files, compilations, or other information on
company systems are considered company property.  Accu-Sort reserves
the right to access, copy and/or retain any and all employee files.
Upon termination of employment, employees are not permitted to copy,
retain, or take any files from their computers as this constitutes
theft of company property.

          - You may use the above mentioned resources for personal use
only when Accu-Sort does not incur a cost, when on your own time, and
when such usage does not violate other parts of this policy.

Chris Bracy, MCNE, MCP                   [log in to unmask]
MIS Manager
Accu-Sort Systems, inc.                  +1 215.721.5040