SCREEN-L Archives

April 1998, Week 4

From:
Demetria Shabazz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 09:07:20 +0000
I have come across Gabriele Weinberger's work, NAZI GERMANY AND ITS
AFTERMATH IN WOMEN DIRECTOR'S AUTOBIOGRAPHICAL FILMS OF THE LATE
1970S. She includes some discussion on the immediate blame applied to
women specifically mothers in post WWII Germany and their "worship of
the phallus" Hitler.

I would like a more extensive work to study this
further and answer questions I have pertaining to film representations
of motherhood in post WWII Germany. Does anyone on the list have works
to suggest?
Demetria Rougeaux Shabazz
University of Alabama, TCF

University of Alabama.