SCREEN-L Archives

March 1998, Week 4

From:
Scott Hutchins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 13:20:37 -0500
I thought _Total Recall_ was really stupod, and never watched another
Verhoeven film because of it, and I must say, it was not written by Philip
K. Dick, it was written by Ronald Shusett, Dan O'Bannon, John Povill, and
Gary Goldman, BASED ON "We Can Remember it for You Wholesale" by Philip K.
Dick, a much better and more insightful story, without cheesy, overrated
action footage and that Quato alien that looks like it came out of a
Charles Band movie.  People all tell me I have this opinion because I
read the story the same day I saw the film (about 10-15 minutes
beforehand).

Scott