SCREEN-L Archives

March 1998, Week 1

From:
"Slip.Net User" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 1998 10:21:23 -0800
>>Also, since you are list-building still, howzabout the lesbian couple on
the now-defunct HEARTLINES.<<

Actually, the name of the show was "Heartbeat" and may have been the first
to feature a regular lesbian character. It was only on for about a season
and a half (circa 1988-89). The series centered around a women's
collective medical practice. The lesbian character was a
nurse-practitioner named Marilyn, and time was set aside nearly every week
to show her and her lover Patti. The representation was very positive.

To the original author of this thread, Lisa Barry: I just recently joined
this list and am also very interested in this topic. I'm a graduate
student at San Francisco State University, and I am compiling the same
information for my master's creative project. I have quite an extensive
list and would love to exchange information, if that is agreeable to you.
Please send an e-mail if you're interested.

Tiffany Nelson/

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/screensite