SCREEN-L Archives

January 1998, Week 3

From:
Crystalle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 07:17:18 +1000
>I would be most grateful if anyone could suggest a source for acquiring
>copies of videos of stage productions.
>Paul Fryer
>Lecturer, School of Production,
>Rose Bruford College.

Hi

I'm coming out of lurking on this list for the first time although I am a
veteran of many of listservs.

Paul, I know of three stage musical productions which are on video.  These
are the Gilbert and Sullivan series by Essgee Entertainment in Australia.
They are in PAL format and I don't know if they are available overseas
however.  They are Pirates of Penzance, The Mikado and HMS Pinafore.
Although not the typical performances they are still incredibly funny.

If you are unable to get hold of them in a store, email me and I can
probably help you as I have copies of all three.

Crystalle