SCREEN-L Archives

January 1998, Week 2

From:
Jann Ruyters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 22:29:15 +0100
I am doing research on the reception of contemporary films and I am looking
for film viewers that were touched by BREAKING THE WAVES, either positively
or negatively. As the SCREEN-L- participants are professional
film-fanatics, I thought this would be a good medium to collect some more
reactions to the film. I am not looking for in-depth-interpretations,
however, just the way you remember the experience of watching it. (If this
was a very intense experience, than all elaboration on this intensity is
very welcome, off course!) Did you like the movie or were you repulsed by
it (and why), were you touched by a special element or a particular scene,
or by the film as a whole? Was the film related to experiences in your own
life, or not?
As it it is not my intention to renew the debate on the film on this list,
I would be very grateful if you could send me your reaction to my personal
e-mail-address: [log in to unmask]
Thank you very much in advance!

Best wishes, Jann Ruyters

University of Alabama.