SCREEN-L Archives

January 1998, Week 1

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 1998 08:10:36 -0700
On Wed, 7 Jan 1998 09:43:50 -0400 [log in to unmask] (Mark
Pizzato) wrote:

>Is Buster Keaton's silent short, THE PLAYHOUSE, with its minstrel
scene,
>available on a videotape currently "in print"?

Yes, Mark, it's part of Kino Video's terrific collection of Keaton
material.  You'll find it in Volume 3 of Kino's three-volume set.
Vol 3 consists of three tapes--including one with PLAYHOUSE, COPS and
THE GENERAL on it.

The other features in that volume are COLLEGE and STEAMBOAT BILL, JR.
 Five other shorts are also included.

I highly recommend it.  Good quality transfers from good quality
original sources.

----
Jeremy Butler
ScreenSite http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite
Telecommunication & Film/University of Alabama/Tuscaloosa

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/screensite