SCREEN-L Archives

December 1997, Week 3

Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 1997 13:50:26 -0500
On Fri, 19 Dec 1997, Donald Larsson wrote:

> Simon Callow's recent THE ROAD TO XANADU makes some interesting
> speculations about this theme in Welles's life, especially in his
> relations with people like "Dada" Bernstein and John Houseman, but the
> book only covers his career through CITIZEN KANE.
>
> I believe a second volume of Callow's bio has been published in England
> but I haven't seen it in the U.S.

i think there may have been some hinting at eros in callow's chapter of
welles' stay at the Todd school as well.  i really enjoyed Road to Xanadu
- does anyone know when Callow's second volume will be published here in
the states?  how many volumes will the work be overall?

-myron

http://faraday.clas.virginia.edu/~mws4c/me.html

Statler: Well, how do you like the film?
Waldorf: I've seen detergents that leave a better film than this.

[They cackle]
                                                -The Muppet Movie

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/screensite