SCREEN-L Archives

November 1997, Week 2

From:
HR Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 1997 22:28:36 -0500
enjoyed your post, altho I disagree somewhat about Scorsese's talents.
Totally concur about the vile Tarentino.

You may want to read my essay - ON THE MCMOVIE: LESS IS LESS AT THE SIMPLEX
from SCREEN MEMORIES -- HOLLYWOOD CINEMA ON THE PSYCHOANALYTIC COUCH
(Columbia Univ Press, l993, paper), which interalia addresses the rampant
narcissism informing "high concept" cinema, and implicitly the faux indies
you speak of.

If you can't find it, I'll send you a copy.

Best and thanks for an informative read.    HR Greenberg md endit

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/screensite