SCREEN-L  October 1997, Week 4

SCREEN-L October 1997, Week 4

Re: One Woman Performances

Jim Marsden <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 28 Oct 1997 15:09:12 -0500

Irene Upshur wrote:

> Does anyone have a handy list of videos that are one-woman performances?
> The performances can be from the stage, screen, or TV.

_Bronte_, 1983, with Julie Harris

_A Room of One's Own_, 199?, with Eileen Atkins as Virginia Woolf
(available from Arthur Cantor Films, NY, 212-496-5710)

_Stevie_, 1978, with Glenda Jackson as poet Stevie Smith (along with someone
playing her aunt, but as I recall the film is mostly a one-woman
performance)

I think Julie Harris playing Emily Dickinson (_The Belle of Amherst_)
appeared on PBS years ago, but I don't think the performance was ever
released on video.

Jim Marsden/Bryant College