SCREEN-L Archives

October 1997, Week 3

From:
Alison Pinsler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 1997 11:04:34 -0700
Greetings, I teach a class at UCLA Extension on film festivals and marketing
 your film, and the books that I found are: CINE, the group that gives the
 Golden Eagle award, annually publishes a book listing the current festivals and
 markets. They are based in Washington D.C.  Also, the Association of
 Independent Film and Video Makers in New York,  publishes a directory of film
 festivals, unfortunately it is out of date, but it does have some useful essays
 about various aspects of entering film festivals,  packing and shipping films,
 etc.  Also, if you do a web search, Excite, Yahoo, etc. there are lists of film
 festivals with pertinent info from each festival.  Some festivals, Sundance,
 Cannes, just to name two, post daily reports on the web. Please feel free to
 contact me privately if you need more info. Ciao, Alison

                                                             !
!

University of Alabama.