SCREEN-L Archives

October 1997, Week 1

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 1997 09:51:43 -0500
On Thu, 2 Oct 1997 11:31:00 -0600 Bryan R Fruth <[log in to unmask]> said:

>Jeremy Butler wrote on 9/28/97 9:16 AM:
>
>>Does anyone on the (U.S.) West Coast have a tape of last week's (9/25/97)
>>episode of ER--the season premiere that was broadcast live?
>>
>>The show was performed twice: once for Eastern/Central time zones and once
>>for the Pacific TZ (Mountain TZ viewers saw a tape). I recorded the
>>Eastern/Central feed and I'd like to compare the performance with the
>>Pacific feed.
>
>Actually, there were three performances. Aside from the two you mention,
>another was performed and recorded for syndication purposes. I thought
>that you might like to know that there is yet another text to add to your
>comparative analysis.

Very interesting, Bryan. I wonder if that's the version they'll also use
for reruns.

I noticed, as well, that in this week's episode (10/3) they had several
shots during the "Previously on ER" segment that were FILM versions of the
shots we previously saw in VIDEO. E.g., Dr. Green comments on how he's not
going to do any more interviews.

So, although it seems unlikely, I wonder if they shot a FOURTH version, on
FILM. More likely, they just did some limited pick-up shots on film for
these "Previously" segments.

Curious, eh?

----
Jeremy Butler
Associate Professor
ScreenSite http://www.sa.ua.edu/ScreenSite
Telecommunication & Film/University of Alabama/Tuscaloosa

http://www.sa.ua.edu/screensite