SCREEN-L Archives

September 1997, Week 1

From:
susan crutchfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 1997 18:02:53 -0400
 please circulate widely.

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 08:53:34 -0400 (EDT)
From: Donald W LaCoss <[log in to unmask]>

society for french historical studies panel:
 "historicizing francophone surrealism, 1919-1968".
  [26-28 march 1998, ottawa]

please contact me if you're doing work on any aspect of francophone
surrealism that pays special attention to the political/social/cultural
environments surrounding surrealism's various incarnations beyond
traditional literary history & art history boundaries. i'm especially keen
to hear from folks working on historiographically underrepresented aspects
of the movement, such as the movement's dissidents, fellow travelers, or
practitioners outside of the hexagon.

naturally, i'll do all the necessary bureaucratic grunt-work that this
will undoubtedly require. i reckon i'll write up the panel proposal by
mid-october, so contact me (even tentatively) ASAP.

much obliged,
don lacoss