SCREEN-L Archives

August 1997, Week 2

From:
Matt McAllister <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 1997 17:05:36 -0500
Hi everyone,

An off-list colleague of mine is beginning a paper on the image of adoption
and adopted children/adults in movies, and wanted to know if I would tap
into Screen-L's collective film expertise.

What movies have featured significant portrayals of the adoption process,
or have had characters who were adopted? (Just to save folks from posting,
I know she already knows about the Problem Child and Omen series.)

Feel free to either post directly to me, or post to the list, but
regardless I'll post a "master list" of such films to the list after we get
a critical mass.

Thanks much!

Matt McAllister
Department of Communication Studies, Virginia Tech
Blacksburg, VA 24061-0311 USA ph: 540-231-9830 fax: 540-231-9817
e-mail: [log in to unmask]

Department of Communication Studies at Virginia Tech Home Page:
http://www.comm.vt.edu/

http://www.sa.ua.edu/screensite