SCREEN-L Archives

May 1997, Week 1

From:
Hong-Sik Yu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 May 1997 12:46:36 CDT
The 2nd Annual Tacoma Tortured Artists Film Festival

I would like to take a moment to give you some infromation on the
2nd annual Tacoma Tortured Artists Film Festival. We conceived the
idea of starting a festival for the purpose of showcasing talented
film & video makers whose ideas and skill transcend budget. Our
festival is unique in that we screen every entry received, not just
the selected Winners and Honorable Mentions.
Submissions which are not selected as Winners or Honorable Mentions
are screened on monitors throughout our Second Best reception to kick
off the festival. For the Winners and Honorable Mentions screenings
we have the two most oppulent and historic theatres in Tacoma.

The success of last year's Tortured Artists Fest was unqualified;  we
had film and video makers here from all over the country, and 4 of
the 9 winning films were student production! Winners from our
festival went on to play at the Sundance, New Orleans, and New York
Underground film festivals. I have maintained corespondence with
several of the students who submitted work for last year's festival,
and I have been pleased to see them go on to work for porduction by
MTV, the SUNDANCE Channel, and NICHK|EKODEON. Every major
publication in our region covers the festival, and this year we have
picked up Filmmaker magazine as a national sponsor.

Please display the enclosed poster in a student area of department,
and if you or your students have any questions regarding the Tacoma
Tortured Artists Film Festival please call me toll-free at
888-202-5827. Thank you much for your time.

Contact:
          Kristen Revis
          T.T.A.F.F.
          728A pacific Ave.