SCREEN-L Archives

April 1997, Week 4

Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 1997 12:23:34 -0400
Dear SCREEN-L readers:

We would like to post, as soon as they are available, the tables of contents for
 forthcoming issues of _Screen_. Published by Oxford University Press, _Screen_
is acclaimed as a contemporary media studies journal. Founded nearly forty years
 ago by the Society for Education in Film and Television (SEFT), _Screen_
established itself as _the_ leading international journal dedicated to the
 advanced study of film and television. Since 1990 the journal has been edited
 by The
John Logie Baird Centre, University of Glasgow.

Please check out the Screen Web page at http://www.oup.co.uk/screen/

We hope you will welcome this information and find it useful.

Best wishes.

Rebecca Pace
Oxford University Press

JUST PUBLISHED
SCREEN
Volume 38, Number 1  (Spring 1996)
ISSN  0036-9543
EDITOR:  John Caughie, Simon Frith, Norman King, Annette Kuhn, Karen Lury,
 Jackie Stacey, The John Logie Baird Centre, University of Glasgow
TABLE OF CONTENTS

Hong Kong popular culture as an interpretive arena: the Huang Feihong film
 series. Hector Rodriguez Pages: 1 - 24

"Your tender smiles give me strength": paradigms of masculinity in John Woo's _A
 Better Tomorrow_ and _The Killer_. Julian Stringer Pages: 25 - 42

Avenging women in Indian cinema. Lalitha Gopalan Pages: 42 - 59

Symbol, narrative and the musics of _Truly, Madly, Deeply_. Robynn Stilwell
 Pages: 60 - 75

REPORTS AND DEBATES
Report. On dangerous ground: film studies in Australia. George Kouvaros Pages:
 76 - 81

Report. Screen studies conference. Colin McArthur Pages: 82 - 84

Report. The third biennale of Arab cinema. Roy Armes Pages: 84 - 87

REVIEWS
Review. _Culture on the brink: ideologies of technology_. Gretchen Bender and
 Timothy Druckrey (eds). Roger Silverstone Pages: 88 - 92

Reviews. _Out of the garden: toys and children's culture in the age of TV
 marketing_. Stephen Kline.
_Moving images: understanding children's emotional responses to television_.
 David Buckingham
David Oswell Pages: 93 - 98

Reviews. _Visions of the past: the challenge of film to our idea of history_,
 Robert A Rosenstone (ed.).
_Revisioning history: film and the construction of a new past_, Robert A
 Rosenstone (ed)
Guy Westwell Pages: 99 - 105

_Screen_ is published quarterly by Oxford University Press.  For more
 information please contact the Journals Department, Oxford University Press,
 2001 Evans
Road, Cary NC 27513, USA.  Toll-free within the US and Canada: 1-800-852-7323 or
 919-677-0977  Fax: 919-677-1714 E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Copyright in the table of contents listed above is held by OUP, but you are
 welcome to circulate them, provided that Oxford University Press is credited as
publisher and copyright holder.