SCREEN-L Archives

April 1997, Week 4

From:
Philippe Mather <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 1997 00:00:16 -0600
        Academic job seekers in the field of film/TV/video studies and production
may be aware that the March installment of the Society for Cinema Studies'
invaluable Job List is publicly available on the World Wide Web at the new
SCS site. You may consult it by pointing your browser to:

http://www.cinemastudies.org/scsjob.htm

        This list will be updated quarterly, in October, January, April and July.
Any questions relating specifically to the Job List may be directed to
Dennis Bingham, at: [log in to unmask]

        But did you know that SCREEN-L's sister service on the Web, ScreenSite,
also includes a Resume Service? This service allows those who are actively
looking for a teaching position in the field of film studies to make their
career intentions known to film studies academics (hopefully those who do
the hiring!), by having their resumes posted on the Web. If you haven't
visited ScreenSite yet, point your browser (Mosaic, Netscape...) to:

http://www.sa.ua.edu/ScreenSite/

     Specifically, ScreenSite's very useful "employment office" is
available at:

http://www.sa.ua.edu/ScreenSite/teach/employ/

     It contains a link to the Resume Service page, which in turn includes
a link to a tutorial explaining how to prepare your resume for ScreenSite,
and Jeremy Butler's own resume is provided as an example. If you are
already familiar with the WWW hypertext language, just send your properly
formatted resume to:

     I will then check the format, and promptly add your file to the others
at ScreenSite. Even If you're not familiar with the hypertext format and
don't have access to the Web, you can still send me your resume via email
as plain text, and I'll post it. However, I would encourage you to learn
the rudiments of hypertext
(HTML), because it's simple, and will make your resume look better.

     This service is offered specifically to job seekers in academia
(university and college-level), i.e. those looking for teaching positions
in film/TV/video studies and production.

     If you need more information, you can email Jeremy Butler at:

Philippe Mather

O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O
he End               |  |             The End              |  |             T
ather Productions    |  |  (c) 1997 P.Mather Productions   |  |  (c) 1997 P.M
[log in to unmask]     |  |    [log in to unmask]    |  |    philippe.m