SCREEN-L Archives

March 1997, Week 1

From:
Wayne Salazar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 1997 18:34:59 -0800
Dear Friends,
Thanks to all who responded to my query about films in which men say "I
love you" to other men. I got 50 titles in a week!

I was immediately struck by how many comedies there are. The majority are
comedic (Young Frankenstein, Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, Tootsie).
Otherwise, there are a fair number of Very Dramatic Films (Rain Man,
Brian's Song, The Godfather), and even in those, the scenes in question are
often comedic. I got only three suggestions of gay films (It's My Party,
Savage Nights, Making Love).

This project owes you all a tremendous debt. Thank you! I'll credit you all.

If you think of any others...

Best regards,
Wayne

Salazar/Ehrenzweig