SCREEN-L Archives

January 1997, Week 5

From:
Scriptica <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 1997 00:52:59 GMT
Yes, the terms are still current.  Every member of the crew knows whether
he or she is above or below the line. I would like to point out, though,
that not all department heads are automatically above the line.  Script
supervisors, for example, who are technically department heads, or "keys"
as we are called on set, are below the line.  So are: first assistant
directors, who run the set and head the production department; the heads
of the make-up and hair departments; first camera assistants, who run the
camera department; key grips; and gaffers.

Jessica Lichtner