SCREEN-L Archives

January 1997, Week 4

From:
"Rolf W. Brandis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 18:27:04 -0600
On pre-printed budget forms there actually was a thick line which delineated
the "discretionary" costs (actors, directors, designers, etc.) from the
"fixed"
costs (travel, sets, costumes, days of production, etc,).
Depending upon decisions of the production company the above-line-costs can be
adjusted by changing some of the personell. For the most part
below-the-line costs remain a constant. Computer budgeting programs still
present us with a
thick line to separate the two sections.
Hope this is of some use.
Rolf W. Brandis