SCREEN-L Archives

December 1996, Week 3

Sender:
From:
Donald Larsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 1996 09:14:22 -0600
Gloria Monti points out:
"As somebody mentioned in an earlier posting, people in Europe don't
seem terribly concerned about this issue (a generalization, I am aware of
that).  The people I spoke to in Italy were more concerned with having to
read the subtitles--and thus "missing out" on the dialogue than with having
a voice outside the actor's body speak for him/her."

Didn't Fellini deliberately play with this system?  He would even have the
actors simply count off numbers during film and then use the dubbing process
to his own advantage.

Don Larsson, Mankato State U (MN)