SCREEN-L Archives

December 1996, Week 2

From:
Murray Pomerance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 1996 17:31:01 -0500
Speaking, a la David Desser, of dubbing, let me ask this:  And how do you
think it is when you hear Leonardo di Caprio being overdubbed by Sir
Laurence Olivier, eh?  Eh?  Eh?  This is a fascinating problem, and
though I find myself utterly incapable of disagreeing with anything David
writes, yet I have to wonder what my favorite morning television program,
WISHBONE, would be like if the dog really did only keep saying, "Yap,
yap, yap, yap."  And I am ashamed to say--but I will say nevertheless,
stomping my shame--that I rather liked the dubbing of AMARCORD (into
English).  But I do detest dubbing.

There.  Complete consistency for you.