SCREEN-L Archives

December 1996, Week 2

From:
Daniel O'Brien <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 1996 14:20:16 -0500
In a message dated 96-12-06 11:54:09 EST,  Anna Julia writes:

<< I have begun work on a documentary. I am in pre-production with
 research.  The subject is shamanism.  This is my first documentary
 and any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  Thanks  >>

Anna Julia,

Congrats on your new project!  I expect you'll get lots of good advice from
everyone on the list.  However, one area that is often overlooked at the
PRE-production stage is the POST-production stage, and specifically the
consideration of MUSIC (which is, coincidentally, MY field of expertise.)

At this point, I would just suggest that you keep the end in mind even now as
you begin.  So many first-timers don't plan or budget adequately for
completion of their project and so are unable to finish.  What a shame to
work so hard and have some unfinished work with nothing to show for it.

Of course, if you have any specific questions that you'd like to discuss
involving music and scoring, feel free to query me directly at:

Wishing you much success!

ALLEGRO MUSIC, Original Scoring for Film and Television

Daniel O'Brien,
Creative Director