SCREEN-L Archives

November 1996, Week 2

From:
Blaine Allan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 15:16:41 EST
On Mon, 11 Nov 1996 10:02:18 +0100 Jeannette Sloniowski said:

>A friend has asked me to ask if anyone out there knows the title and source
>of an article where David MacDougall either discusses the long take, or
>someone else discusses Macdougall's use of the long take.

Bill Nichols has written extensively about ethnographic film, and
about the MacDougalls' films -- in his "Voice of Documentary" first
published in Screen, and in his book Ideology and the Image. But
I'm thinking the article might be James Roy MacBean's "Two Laws from
Australia, One White, One Black," first published in Film Quarterly in
1983, and reprinted by Alan Rosenthal in his anthology, New Challenges
for Docuemtary.

Blaine Allan [log in to unmask]
Film Studies
Queen's University