SCREEN-L Archives

November 1996, Week 2

From:
Dennis Doros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 1996 17:56:00 -0500
Dear Leo,

I forgot - and I always like to promote him - Kevin Brownlow wrote much about
C+S's doc days in his "The War, The West and the Wilderness." and Cooper
wrote the book "Grass" based on the film and he wrote (though credited to
Captain Salisbury) the book on his trip on the Sea Gypsy (C+S's first film
together which came out in badly butchered forms as Gow the Hunter and
Ramu:King of the Sun until the 1930s uncredited) naturally called, "The Sea
Gypsy."

Dennis Doros
Milestone