SCREEN-L Archives

October 1996, Week 4

From:
Clint Yoby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Oct 1996 00:08:53 CDT
You want to talk horror???

Let's talk about TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE,' Uno and Dos. Dos,
more emphatically, since the humor (that is, if you can make the quite
demented film humorous - re-evaluate Chop-Top's character - Bill
Mosely did an incredible job portraying a quite psychotic, inner-self
type of 'comedian') is witty and it correlates with the theme of the
film [since the entire 'family' consists of a bunch of 'nutbag'(s)
(to steal a quote from Brad Pitt in 'Seven.")]. Chop-Top: "Lick my
plate, you dog-d**k!!"

Another classic: RE-ANIMATOR - Oh, I cannot say enough about
this film - FX were absolutely incredible, and dialogue wasn't that
bad. If you dig gore, this is a MUST SEE!

Specific characters in horror: Christopher Walken in PROPHECY.
Tarrintino, Clooney, and esp. Tom Savini in FROM DUSK TILL DAWN.
Bruce Campbell in EVIL DEAD UNO and DOS.
Sissy Spacek (sp?) in CARRIE.
Jack in THE SHINING.
Savini (strictly to facilitate humor) in DAWN OF THE DEAD.

Other classics:
DAY OF THE DEAD (some of the best FX ever!!!)
FRIDAY THE 13TH (UNO)
SHOCKER
HELLRAISER (UNO)
PUMPKINHEAD (UNO)
WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE?
THE BIRDS
NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET (UNO)
PSYCHO UNO and DOS - Remember in 'Dos,' when Norman crushes his
'mother's' head with a shovel? Great FX, indeed!
INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS
BASKET CASE (UNO)
HENRY: PORTRAIT OF A SERIAL KILLER (I think that's the title)
RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD

Rent and ENJOY!

         Clint Yoby
   mailto:[log in to unmask]
TCF Dept/University of Alabama

"Life could slip away in absent minded numbness
 I'm only saying this 'cuz I wish for the best
 When you stay in self-incarceration
 I think it's such a shame.

 Don't stay home..."

                    - 311