SCREEN-L Archives

October 1996, Week 4

From:
Nick Chapman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 1996 23:31:52 -0400
I'm currently working on a lecture on buddy action films, looking
particularly at gender and race issues - and the displacement between the
two - masculinity and the homosocial.  I had heard that Sharon Willis - I
*think* wrote a paper on bi-racial buddy action flicks, but I have had no
luck locating it in any of the likely bibliographic indexes.

Can anyone point me to this essay?  Or perhaps any other likely sources I
might have overlooked?

The films I am focusing the most on are: Lethal Weapon 1-3, of course; Die
Hard; 48 Hours; Money Train.  I will also look a bit at Tango and Cash and
Bad Boys, Laurel and Hardy, and some other stuff.

Nick Chapman / [log in to unmask] / Program in American Culture, University of
Michigan /