SCREEN-L Archives

October 1996, Week 3

From:
Dennis Doros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 1996 15:19:45 -0400
Dear friends,
I hope you can help me. Amy and I (ie. Milestone) have just licensed the
rights to Hiroshi Teshigahara's "Woman in the Dunes" and have copyrighted it
(finally!) for him under the new Gatt /Uruguay Round Agreements. We have
three goals:

1) To bring out beautiful 35mm prints, 16mm prints and videos under Mr.
Teshigahara's supervision,

2) To send him the royalties he so much deserves

and

3) have the previously public domain- and more important, inferior - versions
removed from the market. It's a relatively easy method. We send the previous
distributors a letter notifying them of the new copyright and they have a
year to sell off their existing copies. It's a great system since it's fair
to one and all.

Anyway! We need to find out all the distributors who sell Woman in the Dunes.
Can I ask your help? We already have:

Corinth Films
Kit Parker Films
Connoisseur/Meridian Video
Foothill Video
Video Yesteryear
Biograph Film Exchange

and have sent them the official note (and advance calls to most of them,
since they're friends). It would be much appreciated!!!

Very truly yours,
Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video
275 West 96th Street, Suite 28C