SCREEN-L Archives

October 1996, Week 2

Sender:
From:
INA BERTRAND <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 1996 16:10:08 +1000
Comments:
Can someone out there help a student of mine who has done all the right
things and still cannot locate the reference she needs.

She is tracking the various versions of a news photograph of Maria Callas
being served with a summons in Chicago, at the Chicago Lyric Theatre, on 17
November 1955. A photo appeared, probably the next day (18 Nov.1955) in one
of the Chicago daily papers (Daily News? Herald Tribune? maybe something
else entirely?), but we cannot trace which one, and until we do we cannot
get a copy on interlibrary loan.

We would very much appreciate it if someone with access to Chicago papers
would either send us a photocopy of the image (with a full reference,
including, if possible, the name of the photographer), or at least let us
know which paper and which page so we can activate our library search.

Reply to [log in to unmask], or fax to (Aust) 03 9479 3638.

Thankyou very much,
Ina Bertrand