Chicago International Experimental Film and Video Event
Recent discussion on the Internet experimental film discussion list
FRAMEWORKS has led to the possibility of holding an International
Experimental Film and Video Event in Chicago. A preliminary meeting was
held August 6 to gauge Chicago-area interest. It seems that there is
sufficient local interest both institutionally and individually to pursue
organizing an event. The Chicago meeting participants agreed to form a
sub-committee to continue investigating local support and to gauge national
and international interest.
We are inviting input from as large and diverse a group of people as
possible. To this end, we hope that you will take the time to address
any/all of the topics below and to disseminate this list to anyone who may
wish to contribute.
Replies should be submitted by November 30, 1996.
* What would you like to see this event accomplish?
* What should the format be? (screenings, papers, lectures/talks, panels,
etc. - or any combination of these or other elements)
* How large should this event be, either in number of programs or days?
* Other than film and video, should other moving image media be included?
* Should the focus be primarily on newer works/makers or should a dialogue
between generations be fostered?
* Should this event be structured around one or more themes/issues or
should it be more open?
* What kind of organizational structure would work best?
* How should the organizational structure be determined and the positions
* What responsibilities/authority should each element of the organizational
* Any suggestions for funding sources?
Please feel free to offer additional input on any area not listed above.
Chicago Ad-Hoc Sub-Committee:
Please send your replies directly to:
Carolyn Faber <[log in to unmask]>
Ines Sommer email: <[log in to unmask]>
Minutes from the August 6 Chicago meeting were posted on FRAMEWORKS
<[log in to unmask]> on August 8. If you would like to receive a
copy and do not have access to them by this means, contact Ines Sommer at
<[log in to unmask]>.
To signoff SCREEN-L, e-mail [log in to unmask] and put SIGNOFF SCREEN-L
in the message. Problems? Contact [log in to unmask]