SCREEN-L Archives

October 1996, Week 1

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 1996 09:33:54 -0600
Forwarded by Jeremy Butler, for more information, contact Dom
Caristi, [log in to unmask]

Date:          Wed, 2 Oct 1996 11:08:50 -0500
To:            [log in to unmask]
From:          Dom Caristi <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:       Posting to Screen-L

I got the information about Screen-L more than a year ago - I hope the info
is still accurate.

Since I am not a subscriber, I wonder if you would be willing to post a
message I believe would be of interest to your readers:

The Broadcast Education Association's annual convention will be April 4-7
in Las Vegas. This year's theme is "Reinventing Electronic Media:
Multimedia in the New Millennium." As part of the convention, 14 different
divsions conduct paper competitions in their respective areas. Of special
interest to this list is the Production, Aesthetics & Criticism Division.

Each division has an open and debut competition. Debut papers are those
submitted by individuals who have never previously presented at a BEA
convention.  The first place debut paper receives a $200 award and the
second place paper a $100 award. First and second place in debut and open
categories for each division are presented at the convention.

Papers must be received by December 2. Winners will be notified in
February.  Papers for the PA&C Division should be mailed
to Nikos Metallinos, Dept. of Communication Studies, Concordia University,
Montreal Quebec 84B 1R6.

To find out the other divisions having competitions or for more details,
visit the BEA's website at http://www.usu.edu/~bea or feel free to e-mail
me with questions.

Dom Caristi                     [log in to unmask]
phone 515-294-9967
Iowa State University
fax 515-294-5108

Jeremy Butler
SCREENsite:  http://www.sa.ua.edu/SCREENsite/
Telecommunication and Film/University of Alabama/Tuscaloosa