SCREEN-L Archives

September 1996, Week 4

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 1996 10:03:14 -0500
Forwarded by Jeremy Butler, for information contact David Mendes

Subject: live chats w/filmmakers
Author:  David Mendes <[log in to unmask]> at smtp-link
Date:    9/22/96 2:11 AM

Hi all,

I am the editor of a web based magazine specialized in filmmaking, media and
the Internet. We're now covering Mostra Rio - Rio de Janeiro Film Festival.
The 8th edition of the festival invited a few interesting people that are
making independent films. Some of them will be available for live chats
through the Net this week. Here is our schedule:

Monday, 9/23, 4pm (Rio time, GMT-3):
Mary Harron, diretor of "I shot Andy Warhol"

Tuesday, 9/24, 6pm (GMT-3)
Nick Broomfield, director of "Fetish" and "Heidi Fleiss: Hollywood Madam"

Wednesday, 9/25, 6pm (GMT-3)
Laura Dern and Alexander Payne, star and diretor of "Citizen Ruth"

Other chats will be scheduled for the rest with the week, including some or
all of the following: Lisa Krueger (director, "Manny & Lo"), Academy Award
Winner Kevin Spacey, Julia Dyer (director, "Late Bloomers"), Jo Menell
(director, "Mandela") and French actor Richard Berri.

Our chat room is at:

http://www.estacao.ignet.com.br/mostra/arena/

--
David F. Mendes