SCREEN-L Archives

September 1996, Week 4

From:
Donald Larsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 1996 10:02:38 -0600
Another reference point for those interested in Kieslowski:

As you may know, there is currently a series of films and videos commissioned
by the British Film Institute, celebrating 100 years of cinema. This series
has been playing this last month at the Walker Art Center in Minneapolis and
will be going to other venues. (I heard Portland, OR and Boston mentioned.)

Each film/video tends to concentrate on one national or world-regional cinema
(I just caught the ones for France, by Godard and Mieville, and for Brazil/
Latin America, by Nelson Pereira Dos Santos).

The one for Poland is directed by Pawel Lozinski, from an idea by Kiewslowski.
It focuses on the experiences and memories of filmgoers themselves.

The Minneapolis showing is this Friday, at 7 pm, paired with a film on New
Zealand, CINEMA OF UNEASE, directed by Sam Neill (yes, *that* Sam Neill!).

Doubt that I can make that one, though. (sigh)

Don Larsson, Mankato State U (MN)