SCREEN-L Archives

September 1996, Week 2

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 1996 08:42:02 -0500
Mike Plott wrote:

>In a message dated 96-09-11 20:22:43 EDT, you (Simone) write:
>
>>>First of all, I guess I need to address the person
>>who said I "must be paranoid", and that I needed to look into
>>my own heart for signs of racism. <<
>
>I am apparently not getting all the posts sent to this list because I
>definitely did not see this one----and just from reading what Simone replied
>to, I think I am glad.

It is the policy of SCREEN-L *not* to post personal attacks and certainly
calling someone paranoid and racist qualifies as such. I worried that this
attack may have slipped through our moderating system while I was handing
the reins over to Clint Yoby, because I did not recall seeing it
previously. And so I checked through the SCREEN-L archive (see below for
instructions on how you may do the same) to see if I could find it.

As far as I can tell, such a message did not appear on SCREEN-L. I think
what may have happened is that someone may have sent a *personal* message
to Simone and made those accusations.

Sometimes our vigilance slips, but we SCREEN-L moderators will continue to
try to keep the conversation here civil and engaging and spam-free!

P.S. To search SCREEN-L's archive, there are two methods:

1. Point your Web browser to:

gopher://UA1VM.ua.edu:70/11/Local%20UA1VM%20Listserv%20Archives/SCREEN-L

where the messages are gathered into weekly bundles.

2. E-mail [log in to unmask] and in the message use the following
format to search for a specific word. In the fourth line, replace
"SearchWord" with the word you want to search for and modify the dates as
necessary. If you want ALL the posts during a certain time period, replace
"SearchWord" with an asterisk (*).

//MYSEARCH JOB Echo=No
Database Search DD=SEARCH CPULIM=99:00 OUTLIM=10000
//SEARCH DD *
search SearchWord in SCREEN-L from 01 sep 96 to 15 sep 96
print all
/*

Yours in better conversation,

----
Jeremy Butler
SCREEN-L Moderator
mailto:[log in to unmask]
SCREENsite: http://www.sa.ua.edu/SCREENsite/
Telecommunication & Film/University of Alabama/Tuscaloosa