SCREEN-L Archives

September 1996, Week 2

From:
Clint Yoby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 1996 20:41:11 CDT
I emphatically agree with Mike on his assessment of this topic. If we
are to debate, we must be civil. Debate can lead to a lot of things,
but I feel that it SHOULD lead to mere inquiry and further
discussion. That is, adult, mature discussion, NOT badgering or
personal attacks. We, the subscribers of this group, should
contribute input that furthers discussion of the specific topic at
hand, but we should NOT use this forum for personal attacks on
others. The Disney/Racism topic is a valid and important topic for
discussion, and should be furthered, but not in a way to discriminate
or pass judgment, for this kind of approach inherently takes away
from the issues we, as a group, are trying to address. In boxing
terms, "keep it clean, no low blows, and when I ring the bell, let's
GET IT ON!"

Clint Yoby
*****
mailto:[log in to unmask]