SCREEN-L Archives

August 1996, Week 4

From:
"Simone L. Fary" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 1996 13:49:11 -0400
        We have auditioned actors who have done or studied very
little, and yet have been able to show us more dramatic range
and acting talent then some current stars.  Not to mention
anybody's favorite in particular, but there are some actors
whose expressions don't look noticeably different when they
are happy or irritated, who are incapable of handling scenes
where they are supposed to be angry or excited by doing
anything but raising their voices etc.
        This brings up the question of what makes some
people successful at acting and others not.  Surely there
are numerous women as attractive as Demi Moore, and of
them many who can probably act as well as she does or
better.  What is her (and other's) "star quality" that
makes them worth millions a picture?
        I urge "tigress" to tlak to as many actors as she can,
both struggling and making it.  To study acting in school
(or film for that matter) is far different from trying to
earn a living at it in the real world.
Simone Fary