SCREEN-L Archives

August 1996, Week 2

From:
Randy Riddle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 1996 10:27:57 -0400
On Fri, 9 Aug 1996, Donald Larsson wrote:

> Regarding the video of THEREMIN, Richard Leskosky wonders:
> "Does anyone know what may have been altered between theatrical and video
> versions? The video ran 84 minutes. Brian Wilson's use of the F-word in
> describing his employment of the theremin on "Good Vibrations" was not
> censored, so I can't imagine what might have been edited out."

This may have to do with licensing of music or some kind of visuals for
the film. Paramount is notorious for changing music on some of their
films when they go to video because rights for the music weren't cleared
for the video release -- the song in "The President's Analyst" is the one
example I can think of.

Randy